- Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire
- Salary: £29240 inc shift allowance, overtime also available
- Job Type: Permanent
- Posted: 01.05.19
- Closes: 01.06.19
- Ref: 0000087
Mechanical Maintenance engineer (Permanent placement)
Pay / Shifts
3 Shift rota
£3,375.00 (3 shift allowance)
Over time available
To provide maintenance, improvement and installation work on the full range of machine tools, heat treatment equipment, general plant and services within our clients Production department.
To assist in conjunction with others, the optimisation of the manufacturing process
- Reports directly to the Senior Cell Leader
- No subordinates
Skills knowledge Experience
- Mechanical based apprenticeship with City & Guilds or equivalent qualifications.
- Proven experience working with both relay logic and PLC control systems.
- Extensive experience as a qualified maintenance / service engineer operating in an industrial environment (Preferably in the manufacturing sector)
- Good understanding of hydraulic and other systems
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- High level of personal drive and commitment for achieving targets
- Able to identify and realise improvement opportunities
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation.
- Ability to work on their own and also be a fully integrated member of a team.
- Carry out repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner.
- Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance schedules (PPM).
- Carry out PPM schedules as necessary and planned work orders as required.
- Report breakdown root cause, equipment faults and concerns to management, and Senior Cell Leader.
- Plan / prioritise workload to support production and ensure efficient use of working time.
- Manufacture spare parts as required
- Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment.
- Identify spares requirements and control / log usage
- Responsible for ensuring that a clean, tidy and hazard free working environment is maintained to defined standards
- Typical example of work would be to respond to maintenance request for equipment fault, diagnose fault repair and return equipment to operational service. All work to be carried out operating in a safe and efficient manner.