Production Engineers required
AS&T have been asked to recruit four Production engineers for our client based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire.
THIS ROLE IS A PERMANENT PLACEMENT.
The salary range is currently:
£30,839 - £33693 (with experience)
Salary dependant on qualifications & transferable skills
08.00am – 16.10pm Monday to Friday
Please read the job specification in full, this role requires, qualifications, references from previous employers or tutors & work experience placements required.
Specify, develop and control engineering processes within the manufacturing unit to ensure that safety, efficiency and integrity meet the requirements of the business.
Job Related Key skills/knowledge include
·Engineering Degree or Equivalent
·Working knowledge of H&S regulations and the control of associated risks in manufacturing
·Detailed understanding of the manufacturing processes and performance requirements
·Expert in metal cutting/processing techniques (turning/grinding/heat treatment)
·Expert in assessing and controlling process variability in the manufacturing process
·Experienced in a structured approach to problem solving and implementing root cause countermeasures
·Experienced in the implementation of continuous improvement activities
·Competent in CNC/PLC programming
·Working knowledge of product specification internal quality systems
·Working knowledge of manufacturing costs and their control and improvement
These are general accountabilities that are produced to support the direction, performance and alignment of engineering activities within the business. They also provide a guide for the recruitment and management of engineering staff. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list or contractually restricting.
Specify the standards for manufacturing processes and operating conditions along with their control measures to ensure product conformance, optimum production efficiency, and health and safety requirements are met.
2.Resolve Performance Issues
Resolve process malfunctions and performance issues and implement root cause countermeasures.
Develop, plan and implement engineering activities to maintain or improve the capability and or performance of manufacturing processes in line with the targets of the business.
Ensure that manufacturing processes are designed, developed and configured to minimise the skills, knowledge and effort required for their operation, setting and maintenance.
Specify process consumable requirements and collaborate with purchasing members to control and minimise associated costs.
Listed below are examples of typical activities that the production engineer might undertake in pursuit of the achievement of the accountabilities for the role.
- Analyse component specification requirements
- Measure process capability
- Set and test machining processes to achieve requirements
- Define control measures to account for process variability
- Review H&S requirements to ensure compliance
- Specify condition maintenance requirements on tooling critical features
- Evaluate and specify intervention frequency and actions for consumables
- Produce fault finding and training material to support an efficient operation
2.Resolve Performance Issues
·Liaise with production management
·Monitor production performance
·Respond to process performance issues
·Analyse key data to establish problem causes
·Implement corrective actions – Including potential application across other areas
·Monitor effectiveness of countermeasures
·Record actions to establish countermeasure history
·Use issue history to plan longer term improvement activities
- Monitor condition and performance of production processes
- Become familiar with performance targets requirements
- Liaise with production management to determine priorities
- Develop initiatives to improve performance
- Prepare and carry out trials to test potential improvements
- Measure and record results of changes
- Revise and implement new process standards to consolidate improvements
- Provide training and material on updated conditions
- Become familiar with physical and mental operational requirements of processes
- Liaise with production management and specialist functions on priority areas
- Investigate available systems/equipment/methods for achieving simplification
- Make expenditure proposals to support the improvement activity
- Develop and implement simplification improvements
- Monitor effectiveness of changes
- Review performance of consumable and tooling items
- Investigate performance criteria of tooling and consumable items
- Liaise with purchasing specialists on cost/life selection decisions
- Specify tooling and consumable items
- Specify operational parameters to maintain operational performance and tool life
To apply for the position please ensure your cv is current & up to date, detailing all your transferable skills.
Ensure you can accommodate all shifts (if applicable) and that your experience and qualifications match the job requirements.
Recent working references will be required for this position.
I look forward to talking with you